Some 492,000 lack power Friday after nor'easter, Sandy - U.S. government
(Reuters) - Some 492,000 U.S. homes and businesses remained without power as of 9 a.m. EST (2.00 p.m. British time) Friday morning from combined damages due to a nor'easter that hit the eastern United States on Wednesday and Hurricane Sandy last week, down some 269,000 from Thursday afternoon, the U.S. Department of Energy said in a report.
The number of affected states had been reduced to three by Friday morning from six on Thursday evening.
(Reporting By Jeanine Prezioso; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again