Some 492,000 lack power Friday after nor'easter, Sandy - U.S. government
(Reuters) - Some 492,000 U.S. homes and businesses remained without power as of 9 a.m. EST (2.00 p.m. British time) Friday morning from combined damages due to a nor'easter that hit the eastern United States on Wednesday and Hurricane Sandy last week, down some 269,000 from Thursday afternoon, the U.S. Department of Energy said in a report.
The number of affected states had been reduced to three by Friday morning from six on Thursday evening.
(Reporting By Jeanine Prezioso; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Grappling with protests, Mexico president urges swift judicial reform
- Aviva in £5.6 billion deal to buy Friends Life after pensions shake-up
- Islamic State targeted in 30 air strikes by U.S., allies
- In blow to Cameron, UKIP wins second parliamentary seat
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution