China shares close up 0.5 percent, banks shrug off weak loan data
HONG KONG Nov 12 (Reuters) - China shares posted modest gains on Monday, recovering some ground from last week's slump, as banking shares pared earlier losses and on continued strength in railway-related plays on hopes of more infrastructure spending.
The CSI300 of top Shanghai and Shenzhen listings and the Shanghai Composite both gained 0.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- Ukraine accuses Russia of bringing in troops
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence