China shares close up 0.5 percent, banks shrug off weak loan data
HONG KONG Nov 12 (Reuters) - China shares posted modest gains on Monday, recovering some ground from last week's slump, as banking shares pared earlier losses and on continued strength in railway-related plays on hopes of more infrastructure spending.
The CSI300 of top Shanghai and Shenzhen listings and the Shanghai Composite both gained 0.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years |
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt |
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs