China shares close up 0.5 percent, banks shrug off weak loan data
HONG KONG Nov 12 (Reuters) - China shares posted modest gains on Monday, recovering some ground from last week's slump, as banking shares pared earlier losses and on continued strength in railway-related plays on hopes of more infrastructure spending.
The CSI300 of top Shanghai and Shenzhen listings and the Shanghai Composite both gained 0.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- British manufacturing emerges from years in the shadows