Nikkei slumps to 4-week closing low on U.S. fiscal worries
TOKYO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei stock average fell for a sixth straight day and hit a four-week closing low on Monday, hurt by concerns over U.S. fiscal woes that threaten to push the world's largest economy into recession.
The Nikkei fell 0.9 percent to 8,676.44, and the broader Topix dropped 1.1 percent to 722.58.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll