Nikkei slumps to 4-week closing low on U.S. fiscal worries
TOKYO Nov 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei stock average fell for a sixth straight day and hit a four-week closing low on Monday, hurt by concerns over U.S. fiscal woes that threaten to push the world's largest economy into recession.
The Nikkei fell 0.9 percent to 8,676.44, and the broader Topix dropped 1.1 percent to 722.58.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Lloyds says case for re-starting dividends strengthened
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt |