STXNEWS LATAM-Currency, debt, policy behind Credit Suisse's 'neutral' on Brazil
Credit Suisse Group strategists led by Andrew Garthwaite kept their "neutral" recommendation on Brazil's stock market as still-high consumer debt ratios, an overvalued currency and growing state intervention with protectionist moves in some sectors are likely to hamper performance and perception. Garthwaite and his team also mentioned as reasons the end of an interest-rate cutting cycle and a difficult environment for banks and utilities.
Still, the strategists reckon that growth will be stronger in the coming quarters and that the government will not allow the currency to rise from current levels. According to Garthwaite, Credit Suisse's preferred sectors in the country currently include real estate, industrials, healthcare and infrastructure.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Australia Union wanted to rip up Beale contract - chairman
- Judge rejects isolation for U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |