US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Home Depot earnings help lift stocks
NEW YORK Nov 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as strong results from Home Depot helped markets rebound from recent weakness generated by fears about the year-end "fiscal cliff," which investors see as a threat to U.S. economic growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 66.58 points, or 0.52 percent, to 12,881.66. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 7.05 points, or 0.51 percent, to 1,387.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 1.48 points, or 0.05 percent, to 2,905.74.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll