US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Home Depot earnings help lift stocks
NEW YORK Nov 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as strong results from Home Depot helped markets rebound from recent weakness generated by fears about the year-end "fiscal cliff," which investors see as a threat to U.S. economic growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 66.58 points, or 0.52 percent, to 12,881.66. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 7.05 points, or 0.51 percent, to 1,387.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 1.48 points, or 0.05 percent, to 2,905.74.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- U.S judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine