US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Home Depot earnings help lift stocks
NEW YORK Nov 13 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday as strong results from Home Depot helped markets rebound from recent weakness generated by fears about the year-end "fiscal cliff," which investors see as a threat to U.S. economic growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 66.58 points, or 0.52 percent, to 12,881.66. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 7.05 points, or 0.51 percent, to 1,387.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 1.48 points, or 0.05 percent, to 2,905.74.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- St James's Place outperforms as FTSE stages late rally
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Labour faces collapse in support in Scotland - poll
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |