Centrica says its gas market governance policies are "robust"
LONDON (Reuters) - Gas owner Centrica moved to distance itself from reports of the manipulation of wholesale prices in the gas market on Tuesday, saying it had "very robust governance and compliance policies".
The company said its own traders were prohibited from providing price information to price reporting agencies, and emphasised that were more than 50 participants in the market, not just energy suppliers.
British regulators are investigating a whistleblower's claims that gas traders had sought to rig wholesale gas prices.
(Reporting by Rosalba O'Brien; editing by Rhys Jones)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing