Centrica says its gas market governance policies are "robust"
LONDON (Reuters) - Gas owner Centrica moved to distance itself from reports of the manipulation of wholesale prices in the gas market on Tuesday, saying it had "very robust governance and compliance policies".
The company said its own traders were prohibited from providing price information to price reporting agencies, and emphasised that were more than 50 participants in the market, not just energy suppliers.
British regulators are investigating a whistleblower's claims that gas traders had sought to rig wholesale gas prices.
(Reporting by Rosalba O'Brien; editing by Rhys Jones)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |