Centrica says its gas market governance policies are "robust"
LONDON (Reuters) - Gas owner Centrica moved to distance itself from reports of the manipulation of wholesale prices in the gas market on Tuesday, saying it had "very robust governance and compliance policies".
The company said its own traders were prohibited from providing price information to price reporting agencies, and emphasised that were more than 50 participants in the market, not just energy suppliers.
British regulators are investigating a whistleblower's claims that gas traders had sought to rig wholesale gas prices.
(Reporting by Rosalba O'Brien; editing by Rhys Jones)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Senior North Korean official reappears, belies reports of another purge
- Analysis - Qatar rift is pivotal test for disunited Gulf families
- Scottish independence is 'too good to miss' says actor Sean Connery