Cyprus finance minister says bailout request may come this week
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Cyprus could request a bailout by international lenders by the end of this week, once an assessment by EU and IMF officials known as the Troika is complete, the country's finance minister said on Tuesday.
"As you know we have the Troika team in Cyprus right now, they have been there for a couple of days now. We're making very good progress, and I believe and I'm looking forward to a very good result towards the end of this week," Finance Minister Vassos Shiarly told reporters in Brussels.
(Reporting by Michele Kambas, Writing by Charlie Dunmore, Editing by Ben Deighton.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining strength