Schaeuble: 2020 could be too ambitious for Greek debt target
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU finance ministers meet on Tuesday seeking to break an impasse over a new regime to supervise banks, but with much of the plan contested and time running short to agree, the European Union risks seeing this centrepiece reform unravel.
Their talks follow a meeting of euro zone finance ministers where disagreement between Greece's international lenders over how long to give Athens to get its debts down to a sustainable level reignited fears that the euro zone debt crisis could flare anew.
(Reporting by Annika Breidthardt)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thai crisis deepens as PM's supporters weigh in
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- U.S., Britain suspend aid to north Syria after Islamists seize weapons store |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Fake 'signer' at Mandela memorial outrages deaf