Schaeuble: 2020 could be too ambitious for Greek debt target
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU finance ministers meet on Tuesday seeking to break an impasse over a new regime to supervise banks, but with much of the plan contested and time running short to agree, the European Union risks seeing this centrepiece reform unravel.
Their talks follow a meeting of euro zone finance ministers where disagreement between Greece's international lenders over how long to give Athens to get its debts down to a sustainable level reignited fears that the euro zone debt crisis could flare anew.
(Reporting by Annika Breidthardt)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Ukraine government says resumes offensive, hopes for more U.S. help |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China