US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends lower on fiscal uncertainty
NEW YORK Nov 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks tumbled to their lowest levels since late July on Wednesday, driven by uncertainty over U.S. budget negotiations and an escalation of violence in the Middle East.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average slid 184.92 points, or 1.45 percent, to end unofficially at 12,571.26. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 19.03 points, or 1.38 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,355.49. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell 37.08 points, or 1.29 percent, to close unofficially at 2,846.81.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- GE in talks to buy France's Alstom - Bloomberg
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |