US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends lower on fiscal uncertainty
NEW YORK Nov 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks tumbled to their lowest levels since late July on Wednesday, driven by uncertainty over U.S. budget negotiations and an escalation of violence in the Middle East.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average slid 184.92 points, or 1.45 percent, to end unofficially at 12,571.26. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 19.03 points, or 1.38 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,355.49. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell 37.08 points, or 1.29 percent, to close unofficially at 2,846.81.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N.
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Insight - Legal limbo hampers probe into missing Malaysia jet