US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends lower on fiscal uncertainty
NEW YORK Nov 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks tumbled to their lowest levels since late July on Wednesday, driven by uncertainty over U.S. budget negotiations and an escalation of violence in the Middle East.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average slid 184.92 points, or 1.45 percent, to end unofficially at 12,571.26. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 19.03 points, or 1.38 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,355.49. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell 37.08 points, or 1.29 percent, to close unofficially at 2,846.81.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Standard Chartered says private bank client statements stolen in Singapore
- Cricket-De Kock bludgeons ton as SAfrica overwhelm India in first ODI
- Insight - Fukushima water tanks: leaky and built with illegal labour
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |