US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Cisco leads Wall Street higher at open
NEW YORK Nov 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose at the open on Wednesday, after a series of weak sessions, as strong earnings from technology bellwether Cisco and two retail chains boosted sentiment.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 14.63 points, or 0.11 percent, to 12,770.81. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 2.83 points, or 0.21 percent, to 1,377.36. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 12.29 points, or 0.43 percent, to 2,896.18.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More U.S. troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Insight - Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Australia's Hughes to undergo scans after surgery
- Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing - U.S. lawsuit
- British banks' rotten culture will take generation to fix - think tank