US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Cisco leads Wall Street higher at open
NEW YORK Nov 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose at the open on Wednesday, after a series of weak sessions, as strong earnings from technology bellwether Cisco and two retail chains boosted sentiment.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 14.63 points, or 0.11 percent, to 12,770.81. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 2.83 points, or 0.21 percent, to 1,377.36. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 12.29 points, or 0.43 percent, to 2,896.18.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- China urges Japan to break from aggressive past after Abe honours war criminals
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence