US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Cisco leads Wall Street higher at open
NEW YORK Nov 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose at the open on Wednesday, after a series of weak sessions, as strong earnings from technology bellwether Cisco and two retail chains boosted sentiment.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 14.63 points, or 0.11 percent, to 12,770.81. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 2.83 points, or 0.21 percent, to 1,377.36. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 12.29 points, or 0.43 percent, to 2,896.18.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report