Japan's Toshiba restarts shipments at flood-hit Thai plant
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's leading chipmaker Toshiba Corp said on Wednesday it had restarted production at its semiconductor facility in Thailand and resumed shipping discrete chips used in smartphones and tablet PCs.
Toshiba's plant in Pathumthani, located north of Bangkok, was shuttered for almost a year after a massive flood hit the country last year. Production at the facility restarted on November 1 and shipments began on Wednesday, Toshiba said.
The company is building a new plant in Purachinburi in southeastern Thailand and expects to move all production to the new plant by spring next year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says