US attorney general says no deal yet with BP on civil claims
Nov 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. government negotiated with BP Plc to resolve civil claims against the company related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010 but did not reach any agreement, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Thursday.
Holder, at a press conference on BP's criminal settlement, said it was possible the civil claims could still be resolved out of court but said the government was preparing for trial next year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Business leaders say case for Scotland's independence has not been made
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media
- "Men in green" raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers