US attorney general says no deal yet with BP on civil claims
Nov 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. government negotiated with BP Plc to resolve civil claims against the company related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010 but did not reach any agreement, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Thursday.
Holder, at a press conference on BP's criminal settlement, said it was possible the civil claims could still be resolved out of court but said the government was preparing for trial next year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Ukraine rebels say they are poised to recapture Donetsk airport |