US attorney general says no deal yet with BP on civil claims
Nov 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. government negotiated with BP Plc to resolve civil claims against the company related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010 but did not reach any agreement, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Thursday.
Holder, at a press conference on BP's criminal settlement, said it was possible the civil claims could still be resolved out of court but said the government was preparing for trial next year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Bank of England suspends real-time payments system
- FTSE slips back, weighed down by oil stocks
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |