US attorney general says no deal yet with BP on civil claims
Nov 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. government negotiated with BP Plc to resolve civil claims against the company related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010 but did not reach any agreement, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Thursday.
Holder, at a press conference on BP's criminal settlement, said it was possible the civil claims could still be resolved out of court but said the government was preparing for trial next year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |