US attorney general says no deal yet with BP on civil claims
Nov 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. government negotiated with BP Plc to resolve civil claims against the company related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010 but did not reach any agreement, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Thursday.
Holder, at a press conference on BP's criminal settlement, said it was possible the civil claims could still be resolved out of court but said the government was preparing for trial next year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |