US attorney general says no deal yet with BP on civil claims
Nov 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. government negotiated with BP Plc to resolve civil claims against the company related to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010 but did not reach any agreement, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Thursday.
Holder, at a press conference on BP's criminal settlement, said it was possible the civil claims could still be resolved out of court but said the government was preparing for trial next year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks- source |