New Eurex OTC platform backed by 10 banks at launch
FRANKFURT Nov 15 (Reuters) - Deutsche Boerse said 10 banks, more than previously announced, backed the launch of a new platform for over-the-counter (OTC) interest rate swaps clearing ahead of regulation of the $700 trillion derivatives industry.
Deutsche Boerse unit Eurex Clearing said on Thursday the banks included Barclays, Citigroup, Credit Suisse , Deutsche Bank and J.P. Morgan, as expected.
In addition, it won Commerzbank, HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, UBS and Basler Kantonalbank.
Morgan Stanley and BNP Paribas, which it said in May would back the new platform, are preparing to join, it said, as are Goldman Sachs, Nomura, NordLB , Societe Generale and unspecified other market participants.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes