Nikkei rises as weaker yen supports exporters
TOKYO, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei rose in early trade on Thursday as a weaker yen boosted exporters, offsetting concerns about the prospect of protracted negotiations to resolve fiscal gridlock in the United States. The Nikkei gained 0.4 percent to 8,697.21, while the broader Topix also added 0.4 percent to 725.24.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |