Nikkei rises as weaker yen supports exporters
TOKYO, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei rose in early trade on Thursday as a weaker yen boosted exporters, offsetting concerns about the prospect of protracted negotiations to resolve fiscal gridlock in the United States. The Nikkei gained 0.4 percent to 8,697.21, while the broader Topix also added 0.4 percent to 725.24.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- North Korea says Kim's uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- UK wage growth at six-year high as economy recovers - survey
- France to start disarming Central African Republic fighters on Monday |