US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St ends down as fiscal battle looms
NEW YORK Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended moderately lower on Thursday as the prospect of a drawn-out battle over impending tax and spending changes left investors wary, while Wal-Mart tumbled after disappointing forecasts.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average was down 29.49 points, or 0.23 percent, at 12,541.46. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 2.26 points, or 0.17 percent, at 1,353.23. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 9.87 points, or 0.35 percent, at 2,836.94.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media