US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St opens flat after data, Wal-Mart
NEW YORK Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed at the open on Thursday as weak results from Wal-Mart and a rise in initial jobless claims gave investors little reason to buy after declines in the prior two sessions.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 13.22 points, or 0.11 percent, to 12,557.73. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 0.53 point, or 0.04 percent, to 1,354.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 0.55 point, or 0.02 percent, to 2,847.36.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EU Commission fines banks 1.7 billion euros for benchmark rigging |
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- Cameron defends GSK's business practices in China
- UK major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry
- Ukraine protesters threaten tighter blockade over spurned EU pact |