US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St opens flat after data, Wal-Mart
NEW YORK Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed at the open on Thursday as weak results from Wal-Mart and a rise in initial jobless claims gave investors little reason to buy after declines in the prior two sessions.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 13.22 points, or 0.11 percent, to 12,557.73. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 0.53 point, or 0.04 percent, to 1,354.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 0.55 point, or 0.02 percent, to 2,847.36.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official