US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St opens flat after data, Wal-Mart
NEW YORK Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed at the open on Thursday as weak results from Wal-Mart and a rise in initial jobless claims gave investors little reason to buy after declines in the prior two sessions.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 13.22 points, or 0.11 percent, to 12,557.73. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 0.53 point, or 0.04 percent, to 1,354.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 0.55 point, or 0.02 percent, to 2,847.36.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route