US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Stocks briefly edge down after Philly Fed
NEW YORK Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks briefly were lower after data showed manufacturing activity in the mid-Atlantic region contracted more than expected in November, although the data was affected by superstorm Sandy.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 14.78 points, or 0.12 percent, to 12,556.17. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 0.86 point, or 0.06 percent, to 1,354.63. The Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 6.28 points, or 0.22 percent, to 2,840.52.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine