US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Stocks briefly edge down after Philly Fed
NEW YORK Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks briefly were lower after data showed manufacturing activity in the mid-Atlantic region contracted more than expected in November, although the data was affected by superstorm Sandy.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 14.78 points, or 0.12 percent, to 12,556.17. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 0.86 point, or 0.06 percent, to 1,354.63. The Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 6.28 points, or 0.22 percent, to 2,840.52.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll