US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Stocks briefly edge down after Philly Fed
NEW YORK Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks briefly were lower after data showed manufacturing activity in the mid-Atlantic region contracted more than expected in November, although the data was affected by superstorm Sandy.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 14.78 points, or 0.12 percent, to 12,556.17. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 0.86 point, or 0.06 percent, to 1,354.63. The Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 6.28 points, or 0.22 percent, to 2,840.52.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct