European shares reverse early gains as banks drop
PARIS Nov 16 (Reuters) - European stocks pared early gains and turned negative on Friday, led by banking shares, as simmering worries about the euro zone debt crisis and U.S. fiscal policy outlook rattled investors.
At 0912 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was down 0.2 percent at 1,076.50 points.
Commerzbank, down 2.5 percent, was among the top fallers in a 1 percent weaker euro zone banks index.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland