Motor racing-Hamilton wins U.S. Grand Prix for McLaren
AUSTIN, Texas Nov 18 (Reuters) - McLaren's Lewis Hamilton won the U.S. Grand Prix on Sunday while Red Bull's championship leader Sebastian Vettel failed to clinch his third consecutive drivers' title on his 100th career start.
Red Bull did celebrate another victory, however, securing the constructors' title for a third straight year with Vettel finishing second in the race.
The battle for the drivers' title will now come down to the final race on the calendar in Brazil next Sunday with Vettel taking a 13 point advantage over Ferrari's Fernando Alonso into Sao Paulo. Alonso finished third on Sunday. (Reporting by Steve Keating, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering