European equities extend gains as Wall Street rises
LONDON Nov 19 (Reuters) - The pan-European FTSEurofirst stocks index extended gains to 2 percent on Monday, getting a fresh boost from a strong rise on Wall Street and stronger than expected U.S. housing data.
By 1545 GMT, the index was up 2 percent at 1,089.20 , building a rally sparked by signs of progress over the weekend in U.S. negotiatons to avoid a debt crisis.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO killed in Moscow airport plane accident - Tass
- Polish ex-minister quoted saying Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland
- Al Qaeda attacks kill at least 33 people in Yemen
- Total CEO warns against new Berlin Wall with Russia