European equities extend gains as Wall Street rises
LONDON Nov 19 (Reuters) - The pan-European FTSEurofirst stocks index extended gains to 2 percent on Monday, getting a fresh boost from a strong rise on Wall Street and stronger than expected U.S. housing data.
By 1545 GMT, the index was up 2 percent at 1,089.20 , building a rally sparked by signs of progress over the weekend in U.S. negotiatons to avoid a debt crisis.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Microsoft beats Wall Street on new CEO debut |