European equities extend gains as Wall Street rises
LONDON Nov 19 (Reuters) - The pan-European FTSEurofirst stocks index extended gains to 2 percent on Monday, getting a fresh boost from a strong rise on Wall Street and stronger than expected U.S. housing data.
By 1545 GMT, the index was up 2 percent at 1,089.20 , building a rally sparked by signs of progress over the weekend in U.S. negotiatons to avoid a debt crisis.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Insight - Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?
- Prolonged Hong Kong protest could harm financial image, says envoy |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |