European equities extend gains as Wall Street rises
LONDON Nov 19 (Reuters) - The pan-European FTSEurofirst stocks index extended gains to 2 percent on Monday, getting a fresh boost from a strong rise on Wall Street and stronger than expected U.S. housing data.
By 1545 GMT, the index was up 2 percent at 1,089.20 , building a rally sparked by signs of progress over the weekend in U.S. negotiatons to avoid a debt crisis.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Analysis - Watch what markets don't do as world politics turns nasty