European equities extend gains as Wall Street rises
LONDON Nov 19 (Reuters) - The pan-European FTSEurofirst stocks index extended gains to 2 percent on Monday, getting a fresh boost from a strong rise on Wall Street and stronger than expected U.S. housing data.
By 1545 GMT, the index was up 2 percent at 1,089.20 , building a rally sparked by signs of progress over the weekend in U.S. negotiatons to avoid a debt crisis.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets