US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rallies on budget talk bets
NEW YORK Nov 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced for a second day on Monday as investors were encouraged by the early atmosphere surrounding talks to tackle the U.S. "fiscal cliff."
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 207.58 points, or 1.65 percent, at 12,795.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 27.00 points, or 1.99 percent, at 1,386.88. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 62.94 points, or 2.21 percent, at 2,916.07.
The S&P 500 closed above its 200-day moving average for the first time since Nov. 7.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers