US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St rises on budget talk optimism
NEW YORK Nov 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stock opened higher on Monday, with the S&P 500 rising 1 percent, as signs of progress in talks to resolve the fiscal crunch heartened investors at the start of a holiday-shortened week.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 100.14 points, or 0.80 percent, to 12,688.45. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 13.76 points, or 1.01 percent, to 1,373.64. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 33.70 points, or 1.18 percent, to 2,886.83.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke