European shares turn higher before meeting on Greece
LONDON Nov 20 (Reuters) - European equities turned higher in late session trade on Tuesday, with traders saying inverstors were covering short positions before an expected euro zone approval of the next aid tranche for Greece.
The FTSEurofirst 300 was up 0.2 percent at 1,094.09 points by 1529 GMT, while EuroSTOXX 50 added 0.5 percent .
S&P 500 also trimmed losses, briefly turning flat, and adding to a less downbeat tone in Europe.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report