Nikkei extends gains into 5th day as U.S. fiscal fears recede
TOKYO, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average extended its gains into a fifth day at Tuesday's open and may test a six-month high of 9,300, helped by U.S. stocks which rose on signs of progress in resolving a looming fiscal crunch. The Nikkei advanced 0.5 percent to 9,200.60, and the broader Topix gained 0.7 percent to 767.08.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting