Nikkei rises 0.9 pct to 2-mth high, led by exporters
TOKYO Nov 21 (Reuters) - The Nikkei average climbed to a two-month high on Wednesday, with exporters gaining after the yen hit a seven-month low against the dollar on expectations that a new government will likely push the Bank of Japan to take aggressive action.
The Nikkei climbed 0.9 percent to end at a two-month high of 9,222.52. The broader Topix advanced 0.7 percent to 767.01.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll