Nikkei rises 0.9 pct to 2-mth high, led by exporters
TOKYO Nov 21 (Reuters) - The Nikkei average climbed to a two-month high on Wednesday, with exporters gaining after the yen hit a seven-month low against the dollar on expectations that a new government will likely push the Bank of Japan to take aggressive action.
The Nikkei climbed 0.9 percent to end at a two-month high of 9,222.52. The broader Topix advanced 0.7 percent to 767.01.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N.
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Netanyahu, showing seized rockets, says Iran fooling the world