Nikkei rises 0.9 pct to 2-mth high, led by exporters
TOKYO Nov 21 (Reuters) - The Nikkei average climbed to a two-month high on Wednesday, with exporters gaining after the yen hit a seven-month low against the dollar on expectations that a new government will likely push the Bank of Japan to take aggressive action.
The Nikkei climbed 0.9 percent to end at a two-month high of 9,222.52. The broader Topix advanced 0.7 percent to 767.01.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down