US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 ends up for fourth day, volume slumps
NEW YORK Nov 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 up for a fourth session, although trading volume was one of the year's lowest on the day ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 48.38 points, or 0.38 percent, to end unofficially at 12,836.89. The S&P 500 gained 3.22 points, or 0.23 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,391.03. The Nasdaq Composite added 9.87 points, or 0.34 percent, to close unofficially at 2,926.55.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media