US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 ends up for fourth day, volume slumps
NEW YORK Nov 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 up for a fourth session, although trading volume was one of the year's lowest on the day ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 48.38 points, or 0.38 percent, to end unofficially at 12,836.89. The S&P 500 gained 3.22 points, or 0.23 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,391.03. The Nasdaq Composite added 9.87 points, or 0.34 percent, to close unofficially at 2,926.55.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- Manchester United top deadline-day big spenders