US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 ends up for fourth day, volume slumps
NEW YORK Nov 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 up for a fourth session, although trading volume was one of the year's lowest on the day ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 48.38 points, or 0.38 percent, to end unofficially at 12,836.89. The S&P 500 gained 3.22 points, or 0.23 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,391.03. The Nasdaq Composite added 9.87 points, or 0.34 percent, to close unofficially at 2,926.55.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia