US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 ends up for fourth day, volume slumps
NEW YORK Nov 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 up for a fourth session, although trading volume was one of the year's lowest on the day ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 48.38 points, or 0.38 percent, to end unofficially at 12,836.89. The S&P 500 gained 3.22 points, or 0.23 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,391.03. The Nasdaq Composite added 9.87 points, or 0.34 percent, to close unofficially at 2,926.55.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum
- Analysis - Market calm over Scottish vote at odds with disaster warnings
- As many as 700 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- Gerrard lights up Anfield with last-gasp Liverpool winner
- UK earnings edge up, unemployment falls more than expected