Greece can't return to markets this decade - Steinbrueck
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel's Social Democrat (SPD) election rival Peer Steinbrueck said on Wednesday Greece would not be able to return to capital markets this decade and that its financing gap could not be filled with piecemeal steps.
"It is obvious that Greece will not in this decade be able to return to the capital markets under viable conditions," Steinbrueck told parliament in a debate on the German budget.
He added that Merkel's government should delay a vote on the German budget until it was clear what was happening with Greece.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian 'counter-terrorism' raids foil beheading plot - media
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the UK |
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll