Hamas, Israel agree truce - Palestinian source
GAZA (Reuters) - Israel and the Islamist militant group Hamas agreed on Wednesday to a Gaza ceasefire deal, said a Palestinian official with knowledge of Egyptian mediation between the two sides.
The official declined to be named or to give further information.
There was no immediate official confirmation of the news, which came on the eighth day of intensive Israeli fire on the Gaza Strip and militant rocket attacks out of the Palestinian territory.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence but impatient for new powers
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Salmond concedes defeat, demands more Scottish powers fast
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll