- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Indonesia's nationwide healthcare plan stumbles at first hurdle
- United's Ferguson bows out on a high of sorts
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes
- Afghanistan's Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid tensions with Pakistan
Hamas, Israel agree truce - Palestinian source
GAZA (Reuters) - Israel and the Islamist militant group Hamas agreed on Wednesday to a Gaza ceasefire deal, said a Palestinian official with knowledge of Egyptian mediation between the two sides.
The official declined to be named or to give further information.
There was no immediate official confirmation of the news, which came on the eighth day of intensive Israeli fire on the Gaza Strip and militant rocket attacks out of the Palestinian territory.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi; Writing by Crispian Balmer; Editing by Alistair Lyon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this