Former boxing champ Hector Camacho wounded in Puerto Rico shooting - reports
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Three-time world boxing champion Hector "Macho" Camacho was seriously wounded on Tuesday in a drive-by shooting in Puerto Rico, according to reports in the Puerto Rican press.
Camacho, 50, was a passenger in a vehicle fired on by unknown gunmen in the Bayamon region of the island, just southwest of the capital, San Juan, according to reports in El Nuevo Herald and El Nuevo Dia.
The reports said Camacho was taken to San Juan Medical Center. It attributed information about the shooting to Bayomon district police captain Reinaldo Santiago.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- U.S. openly accuses Russia of sending combat troops to Ukraine