Former boxing champ Hector Camacho wounded in Puerto Rico shooting - reports
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Three-time world boxing champion Hector "Macho" Camacho was seriously wounded on Tuesday in a drive-by shooting in Puerto Rico, according to reports in the Puerto Rican press.
Camacho, 50, was a passenger in a vehicle fired on by unknown gunmen in the Bayamon region of the island, just southwest of the capital, San Juan, according to reports in El Nuevo Herald and El Nuevo Dia.
The reports said Camacho was taken to San Juan Medical Center. It attributed information about the shooting to Bayomon district police captain Reinaldo Santiago.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients