Rugby - North replaced by Williams in Wales team after hip injury
(Reuters) - Wales winger George North has been replaced in the starting lineup for Saturday's rugby test against world champions New Zealand at the Millennium stadium after sustaining a hip injury in training.
A statement on Thursday from the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) said North would be replaced by his Scarlets team mate Liam Williams, who won his only cap against the Barbarians this year.
The WRU said North would remain in the Welsh training camp to receive treatment in the hope of returning to the side for the final match of the November international series against Australia on Saturday week.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots vote against independence in four small constituencies |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research