US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Nasdaq up 1 pct as Wall Street extends rally
NEW YORK Nov 23 (Reuters) - Wall Street extended gains Friday, with the Nasdaq Composite index jumping 1 percent, on signs of progress in talks about releasing aid to Greece and as investors bid up retail shares on Black Friday, the start of the holiday shopping season.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 113.58 points, or 0.88 percent, to 12,950.47. The S&P 500 gained 12.53 points, or 0.90 percent, to 1,403.56. The Nasdaq Composite added 29.47 points, or 1.01 percent, to 2,956.02.
Leading gains on Nasdaq was Microsoft, up 2.5 percent at $27.63.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing