US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Indexes extend gains heading into early close
NEW YORK Nov 23 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Friday, with all three key indexes climbing 1 percent, as technology shares led the way in thin trading ahead of an early, post-Thanksgiving close for equity markets.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 133.01 points, or 1.04 percent, to 12,969.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 14.52 points, or 1.04 percent, to 1,405.55. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 36.11 points, or 1.23 percent, to 2,962.67.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |