US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Indexes extend gains heading into early close
NEW YORK Nov 23 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Friday, with all three key indexes climbing 1 percent, as technology shares led the way in thin trading ahead of an early, post-Thanksgiving close for equity markets.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 133.01 points, or 1.04 percent, to 12,969.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 14.52 points, or 1.04 percent, to 1,405.55. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 36.11 points, or 1.23 percent, to 2,962.67.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum
- More Ukrainian soldiers killed, Poroshenko defends peace plan
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- Exclusive - Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear programme