US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Indexes extend gains heading into early close
NEW YORK Nov 23 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Friday, with all three key indexes climbing 1 percent, as technology shares led the way in thin trading ahead of an early, post-Thanksgiving close for equity markets.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 133.01 points, or 1.04 percent, to 12,969.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 14.52 points, or 1.04 percent, to 1,405.55. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 36.11 points, or 1.23 percent, to 2,962.67.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More U.S. troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Insight - Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- British banks' rotten culture will take generation to fix - think tank
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing - U.S. lawsuit