Nikkei rises 1 percent, may test a 7-month high
TOKYO, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose 1 percent in early trade on Monday and may test a seven-month high, supported by climbs on Wall Street and expectations that a weaker yen will boost earnings for exporters. The Nikkei added 94.11 points to 9,460.91, and if it touches the 9,500 mark, it will be the first time since April. The broader Topix gained 1.0 percent to 784.02.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day