Bank of England's Bean to serve an extra year -Osborne
LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England Deputy Governor Charlie Bean will serve for an extra year, Chancellor George Osborne told parliament on Monday.
Osborne announced the move after saying Canadian central bank chief Mark Carney will take over the reins as Governor of the Bank of England next year, a surprise choice to replace outgoing BoE Governor Mervyn King.
(Editing by Ruth Pitchford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |