Bank of England's Bean to serve an extra year -Osborne
LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England Deputy Governor Charlie Bean will serve for an extra year, Chancellor George Osborne told parliament on Monday.
Osborne announced the move after saying Canadian central bank chief Mark Carney will take over the reins as Governor of the Bank of England next year, a surprise choice to replace outgoing BoE Governor Mervyn King.
(Editing by Ruth Pitchford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct
- Record Chelsea win prompts talk of another title assault
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp