Bank of England's Bean to serve an extra year -Osborne
LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England Deputy Governor Charlie Bean will serve for an extra year, Chancellor George Osborne told parliament on Monday.
Osborne announced the move after saying Canadian central bank chief Mark Carney will take over the reins as Governor of the Bank of England next year, a surprise choice to replace outgoing BoE Governor Mervyn King.
(Editing by Ruth Pitchford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |