Bank of England's Bean to serve an extra year -Osborne
LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England Deputy Governor Charlie Bean will serve for an extra year, Chancellor George Osborne told parliament on Monday.
Osborne announced the move after saying Canadian central bank chief Mark Carney will take over the reins as Governor of the Bank of England next year, a surprise choice to replace outgoing BoE Governor Mervyn King.
(Editing by Ruth Pitchford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. lifts ban on flights to Israel as Gaza toll tops 700 |
- Suicide bombs in Nigeria's Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari targeted |