Bank of England's Bean to serve an extra year -Osborne
LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England Deputy Governor Charlie Bean will serve for an extra year, Chancellor George Osborne told parliament on Monday.
Osborne announced the move after saying Canadian central bank chief Mark Carney will take over the reins as Governor of the Bank of England next year, a surprise choice to replace outgoing BoE Governor Mervyn King.
(Editing by Ruth Pitchford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State