BoE's King says Carney an outstanding successor
LONDON (Reuters) - Outgoing Bank of England Governor Mervyn King praised the choice of Canada's central bank chief Mark Carney as his successor on Monday.
"He represents a new generation of leadership for the Bank of England, and is an outstanding choice to succeed me," King said in a statement.
"Since Mark became Governor of the Bank of Canada, I have worked closely with him and admired his contributions to the world of central banking, in which he is widely respected."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial for assault
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor