BoE's King says Carney an outstanding successor
LONDON (Reuters) - Outgoing Bank of England Governor Mervyn King praised the choice of Canada's central bank chief Mark Carney as his successor on Monday.
"He represents a new generation of leadership for the Bank of England, and is an outstanding choice to succeed me," King said in a statement.
"Since Mark became Governor of the Bank of Canada, I have worked closely with him and admired his contributions to the world of central banking, in which he is widely respected."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- EBay considering PayPal spinoff - report
- Germany: Russia sanctions, Ukraine probably contributed to Q2 contraction
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |