Osborne hopes Tucker stays at Bank of England
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor George Osborne said on Monday he hoped Bank of England Deputy Governor Paul Tucker would continue to work for the central bank after missing out on the job to replace outgoing Governor Mervyn King.
"Paul Tucker has been an excellent deputy governor and I hope he continues to do the excellent job he does at the Bank of England," Osborne told parliament, having just announced Bank of Canada chief Mark Carney as King's surprise replacement.
(Reporting by Matt Falloon and David Milliken; editing by Steve Addison)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands of South Africans queue to see Mandela lie in state |
- FCA fines Lloyds record 28 million pounds for pushing sales
- Boxing champ Klitschko faces ban on running for Ukraine presidency
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators