Osborne hopes Tucker stays at Bank of England
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor George Osborne said on Monday he hoped Bank of England Deputy Governor Paul Tucker would continue to work for the central bank after missing out on the job to replace outgoing Governor Mervyn King.
"Paul Tucker has been an excellent deputy governor and I hope he continues to do the excellent job he does at the Bank of England," Osborne told parliament, having just announced Bank of Canada chief Mark Carney as King's surprise replacement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iraqi forces say retake two towns from Islamic State
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- Boeing says frustrated by Canada move to extend life of fighter jets