Osborne hopes Tucker stays at Bank of England
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor George Osborne said on Monday he hoped Bank of England Deputy Governor Paul Tucker would continue to work for the central bank after missing out on the job to replace outgoing Governor Mervyn King.
"Paul Tucker has been an excellent deputy governor and I hope he continues to do the excellent job he does at the Bank of England," Osborne told parliament, having just announced Bank of Canada chief Mark Carney as King's surprise replacement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine