Osborne hopes Tucker stays at Bank of England
LONDON (Reuters) - Chancellor George Osborne said on Monday he hoped Bank of England Deputy Governor Paul Tucker would continue to work for the central bank after missing out on the job to replace outgoing Governor Mervyn King.
"Paul Tucker has been an excellent deputy governor and I hope he continues to do the excellent job he does at the Bank of England," Osborne told parliament, having just announced Bank of Canada chief Mark Carney as King's surprise replacement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Iceland volcano alert at red after small eruption, no ash detected
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders