Samsung to ship 16 million Windows 8 and 7 computers this year: executive
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd will ship 16 million tablets and laptop computers operating on Microsoft Corp's Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems this year, said Jin Park, vice president of the IT solutions business at Samsung.
Microsoft, the world's largest software company, launched its new-look, touch-friendly Windows 8 earlier this year to grip customers' imagination, as it looks to regain ground lost to Apple Inc and Google Inc in mobile computing and shake up the moribund PC market.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sunil Nair)
(This story was refiled after official correction to change shipment figure estimates are for Windows 8 and Windows 7-based devices in the headline and the first paragraph)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |