Fed's Evans says dual mandate serves United States well
TORONTO (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve's dual mandate to consider both inflation and employment when implementing policy has served the country well, Charles Evans, president of the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank, said on Tuesday.
"I think in the U.S. we are well served by the dual mandate because it gives us a better (ability) to sometimes act ahead of when the inflation forces are at work, when the economy is doing very poorly," he said after a speech in Toronto.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally