Fed's Evans says dual mandate serves United States well
TORONTO (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve's dual mandate to consider both inflation and employment when implementing policy has served the country well, Charles Evans, president of the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank, said on Tuesday.
"I think in the U.S. we are well served by the dual mandate because it gives us a better (ability) to sometimes act ahead of when the inflation forces are at work, when the economy is doing very poorly," he said after a speech in Toronto.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman