Cyprus C.Bank says welcomes convergence of views with troika
NICOSIA Nov 29 (Reuters) - Cyprus's central bank governor said on Thursday a preliminary agreement with international lenders was the "best which could be achieved" under present circumstances.
"It is my conviction that faithful implementation of this agreement is a strong basis for gradually overturning negative developments occurring in the Cypriot economy in recent years as the result of the debt crisis in the euro zone," Governor Panicos Demetriades said in a statement to parliament.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO killed in Moscow airport plane accident - Tass
- Polish ex-minister quoted saying Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland
- Al Qaeda attacks kill at least 33 people in Yemen
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman