Cyprus C.Bank says welcomes convergence of views with troika
NICOSIA Nov 29 (Reuters) - Cyprus's central bank governor said on Thursday a preliminary agreement with international lenders was the "best which could be achieved" under present circumstances.
"It is my conviction that faithful implementation of this agreement is a strong basis for gradually overturning negative developments occurring in the Cypriot economy in recent years as the result of the debt crisis in the euro zone," Governor Panicos Demetriades said in a statement to parliament.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Aviva falls on Friends Life merger plan doubts |
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- BT lines up O2 and EE in quest for British telecoms supremacy
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties