Cyprus C.Bank says welcomes convergence of views with troika
NICOSIA Nov 29 (Reuters) - Cyprus's central bank governor said on Thursday a preliminary agreement with international lenders was the "best which could be achieved" under present circumstances.
"It is my conviction that faithful implementation of this agreement is a strong basis for gradually overturning negative developments occurring in the Cypriot economy in recent years as the result of the debt crisis in the euro zone," Governor Panicos Demetriades said in a statement to parliament.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests