Cyprus C.Bank says welcomes convergence of views with troika
NICOSIA Nov 29 (Reuters) - Cyprus's central bank governor said on Thursday a preliminary agreement with international lenders was the "best which could be achieved" under present circumstances.
"It is my conviction that faithful implementation of this agreement is a strong basis for gradually overturning negative developments occurring in the Cypriot economy in recent years as the result of the debt crisis in the euro zone," Governor Panicos Demetriades said in a statement to parliament.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle executed
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- U.N. confirms chemical arms were used repeatedly in Syria