US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Stocks edge higher after housing data
NEW YORK Nov 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains after data showed contracts to buy previously owned homes rose more than expected in October, another positive sign for a healing housing market.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 66.31 points, or 0.51 percent, to 13,051.42. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 8.56 points, or 0.61 percent, to 1,418.49. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 22.82 points, or 0.76 percent, to 3,014.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Gaza fighting flares, Netanyahu and U.N. chief spar on truce terms |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Ukraine claims more territory as fight intensifies with rebels