US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Stocks edge higher after housing data
NEW YORK Nov 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains after data showed contracts to buy previously owned homes rose more than expected in October, another positive sign for a healing housing market.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 66.31 points, or 0.51 percent, to 13,051.42. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 8.56 points, or 0.61 percent, to 1,418.49. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 22.82 points, or 0.76 percent, to 3,014.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- American detained in North Korea gets job back with Ohio city