US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street climbs at open on 'cliff' deal hope
NEW YORK Nov 29 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose at the open on Thursday, following a rally in the prior session, on expectations of progress toward a fiscal agreement in Washington that would prevent a possible recession.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 35.40 points, or 0.27 percent, to 13,020.51. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 5.33 points, or 0.38 percent, to 1,415.26. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 16.14 points, or 0.54 percent, to 3,007.91.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots vote against independence in four small constituencies |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research