NHC says 30 percent chance of cyclone over central Atlantic
(Reuters) - A broad area of low pressure over the central Atlantic ocean about 1,350 miles east-northeast of the Leeward Islands has a 30 percent chance of becoming a tropical or subtropical cyclone during the next 48 hours , the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
"Special tropical weather outlooks will be issued for this system on Saturday, if necessary," the agency said.
(Reporting By Shruti Chaturvedi in Bangalore; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount