Citigroup to cut 11,000 jobs worldwide, 4 percent of workforce
Dec 5 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc will eliminate 11,000 jobs worldwide, about 4 percent of its total staff, in a move to save as much as $1.1 billion a year in expenses, the company said on Wednesday.
The move will initially result in pre-tax charges of $1 billion to fourth quarter earnings, the company said in a statement.
It is the first major action to restructure the company since directors named Michael Corbat chief executive officer in October after becoming impatient with former CEO Vikram Pandit.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle executed |
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC