CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher, led by Loblaw surge
TORONTO, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Thursday, led by a 25-percent jump in Loblaw Cos Ltd after Canada's No. 1 grocer revealed plans to create one of the country's largest real estate investment trusts. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 16.04 points, or 0.13 percent, at 12,173.33 shortly after the open.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military