- Veteran bands Motorhead, Black Sabbath top Metal Hammer Golden Gods
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- 'Standing man' inspires silent protests in Turkey |
- Golfing in Iceland's midnight sun - lava beds, angry birds, winds
- Brazil protests pose challenge for World Cup organisers
CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher, led by Loblaw surge
TORONTO, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Thursday, led by a 25-percent jump in Loblaw Cos Ltd after Canada's No. 1 grocer revealed plans to create one of the country's largest real estate investment trusts. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 16.04 points, or 0.13 percent, at 12,173.33 shortly after the open.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this