US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens flat, fiscal talks in focus
NEW YORK Dec 6 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened little changed on Thursday in what could be another choppy session as the progress of fiscal negotiations in Washington continues to determine the market's fate.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 16.05 points, or 0.12 percent, at 13,050.54. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 0.42 points, or 0.03 percent, at 1,409.70. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.99 points, or 0.07 percent, at 2,971.71.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- More violence in China's Xinjiang, prominent academic indicted