US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Futures turn positive after payrolls data
NEW YORK Dec 7 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures recovered from earlier losses to advance on Friday after data showed U.S. non-farm payrolls came in above expectations at 146,000 and the unemployment rate dipped to 7.7 percent.
S&P 500 futures rose 7.7 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 67 points and Nasdaq 100 futures gained 14.25 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Golf-Tired finish for McIlroy to end stellar PGA Tour season
- Pope says world's many conflicts amount to piecemeal World War Three |
- Fate of United Kingdom hangs in balance after new Scotland polls |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading |