US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St opens flat as "cliff" signs awaited
NEW YORK Dec 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Monday as investors awaited any sign of progress in talks to avert the United States' so-called fiscal cliff of tax hikes and spending cuts.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 1.35 points, or 0.01 percent, to 13,156.48. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 1.81 points, or 0.13 percent, to 1,416.26. The Nasdaq Composite Index lost 3.62 points, or 0.12 percent, to 2,974.42.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route