Manchester United to play exhibition match Down Under
MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Manchester United will play an exhibition match in Australia during their pre-season tour next year against a team made up of domestic league players, Football Federation Australia (FFA) said on Monday.
The July 20 match in Sydney against an A-League All Star team to be pre-selected by local fans would be the English Premier League giants' first visit Down Under since a two-match tour in 1999.
"Having Manchester United as the opponent for our first ever A-League All Star game will put the ... A-League on the world stage," FFA chief executive David Gallop said in a statement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- UPDATE 6-Tennis-Barcelona Open men's singles round 3 results