Quake hits near Indonesian islands of Moluccas
(Reuters) - A 5.8 magnitude earthquake struck near the Indonesian islands of the Moluccas on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake, centred 118 km (73 miles) west of Ternate in the Moluccas, struck at a depth of 33 km at 0618 GMT, the USGS said in a preliminary report. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State |
- For 23rd time, U.N. nations urge end to U.S. embargo on Cuba |