US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St falls with Apple as 'cliff' looms
NEW YORK Dec 14 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Friday, hit by another slide in Apple shares and investors avoided stocks due to the uncertainty surrounding the "fiscal cliff" negotiations.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 35.71 points, or 0.27 percent, to end unofficially at 13,135.01. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 5.87 points, or 0.41 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,413.58. The Nasdaq Composite Index lost 20.83 points, or 0.70 percent, to close unofficially at 2,971.33.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients